Weekend hikes and walks in the Sierra Nevada, South Spain

As I already mentioned the mountains around the farm "Cortijo Casería del Mercado" in the South Spanish Sierra Nevada are stunning!


That's why the second evening after dinner, I went straight for a little walk on a walking track just across the street. As I entered the gravel path, suddenly the little farm dog Gisper appeared next to me. I said hello to her and thought she would go back to her home across the street soon, but she kept following me. That was sooo cute! As I turned around again to see if she was still following me, another dog had appeared. Now, I had two dogs following me: one of the huge sheperd dogs Samson and the little Gisper.

I gave both a big cuddle and went on. They came with me.

It was a very hot evening but the sun was already starting to set behind the beautiful mountain tops. We walked past olive trees, almond trees, grapes and fig trees. The track was pretty steep and after a while it just ended between some fields, close to the top of a hill. Every now and then I stopped to pick a sweet fig. I could see the farmhouse from the top now. Samson was panting so much that his tounge almost touched the ground. I was a bit worried that he might have a heart attack or a heat shock! Luckily, nothing of that sort happened. He just walked really slowly.

 

A little later, the sun disappeared behind a steep slope of the mountain next to us. I took a last photo with the dogs and enjoyed the view before we made our way back home in the dawn.


As I liked that little walk so much, I asked Lola the next day if she wanted to go on a hike and have a picknick in the mountains. She agreed and so we prepared small hiking bags and put some sunscreen on. Lolas hat was still wet from our morning swim in the pool, so she had to wear my cap. That looked really cute!


She carried her bag with a bottle of water, her soapbubbles, her stuffed monkey, a little towel and her toy mobile phone with her. We walked the same way up that I had been walking the night before, but this time it took much more time and we didn't walk that far. Lola was super curious and we were amazed by so many things around us! Things that I had not noticed the night before. Old car wheels, water pipes, ants, plants, flowers and trees! It was really good that Lola was slowing me down, making me notice the sourrounding and the present moment!



It was lovely!
In the shade of an olive tree, we had our little picknick. We ate figs that we had picked on the way and we let soap bubbles fly above us up in the blue sky!








I carried Lola back on my shoulders and we listened to the crickets chirp.

When we arrived back home, she was really excited to tell her parents about our spectacular hike.

Two days later, we went for another picknick. This time we walked a little bit further. I am happy that Lola likes to hike with me and that I can share my passion with her!




Last weekend, I climbed another hill close to the farmhouse and did a morning meditation on top. Gisper came with me and we found the most beautiful spot! 












And yesterday evening I joined the Yoga students for a walk to the little town "Cástaras" down the road. The town was tiny and quiet, no shops, just a few dogs, pomegranate trees and a few senior citizens in front of a house.  The Tapaz-bar was closed on a Saturday night. But the surrounding and the atmosphere were just unique! 












We came back home late at night. It was a lovely walk and the sky was beautifully red and dark blue when the sun set.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fredericks story

Niyamas - the five ethical guidelines or "DO"s in Yoga

The eight limbs of Yoga - a quick overview