Saying goodbye to the peacocks after our Yoga Teacher Training at the Cortijo Casería del Mercado, Sierra Nevada, South Spain

Did you know that peacocks are very social animals? The really like company!

Our dining area outside on the terrace has a wide view over the garden and the mountains on the other side of the valley. We often sit there at the table under the roof of grapevines till late at night, laughing and chatting. As early as our first night, I noticed two little baby peacocks on the railing behid the table, all snuggeld up. I found them super sweet, just sitting there enjoying our company and joining us for a comfy night. From that day on, not a single night has passed without them watching the red-purple-orange sunset above the mountains and enjoying our conversations. It’s a beautiful picture and they are beautiful beings.

 


When I lie by the pool, writing blog entries or listening to music they also come and keep me company (as right now in this very moment!) 





They just appear suddenly out of the bushes, lie down beside you, bask in the sun or pick some grass. Sometimes, they also come up the stairs in our apartment, because they just enjoy company so much. It’s beautiful to watch them.

 



 


I found a few peacock feathers which I will keep as souvenirs. They will always remind me of this wonderful place and my time here.




It's hard to believe that my time here is already over! Today was the last day of the Yoga teacher training and everyone is going their own path again. I'm heading to Granada.

I met lovely people and learned a lot. The students are all transformed into really good Yoga teachers and we had wonderful chanting sessions and great times together!

If anyone's interested in a really professional Yoga teacher training and a life changing experience, this is the place to go:

https://inspirayoga.com/











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fredericks story

Niyamas - the five ethical guidelines or "DO"s in Yoga

The eight limbs of Yoga - a quick overview